HIV Life Insurance
Life Insurance For Denver Residents with HIV
HIV-positive individuals in Denver have found it extremely difficult to find affordable life insurance in the past. Well-controlled HIV is now viewed by a few companies on the same level as other chronic diseases, though it has not been quick to arrive. Our experts at The Hinerman Group have extensive experience helping people with HIV find the coverage they need.
HIV Life Insurance Application Process in Denver
When you fill out your initial application, you should be asked several questions about your general health and HIV medical history. Among the questions, you may be asked are the following:
- Date of initial diagnosis
- CD4 count and viral load
- Current medications and dosage
- What other health conditions do you have
You will need to provide your insurer with at least five years of office notes from your infectious disease doctor as well as lab results during the application process. Your insurance rates are ultimately determined by how well they assess your application.
HIV Life Insurance Options for Denver Residents
If you are not eligible for traditional life insurance because of your HIV diagnosis, there are several other options.
- Term Life Insurance: While term life insurance is less expensive than other types, not all insurance companies offer long-term coverage such as 20 to 30 years. Hinerman Group has been working in the area for 15+ years and can help you find the right product and company.
- Guaranteed Issue Life Insurance: In this underwriting process, insurance companies do not consider an applicant’s health history, which means virtually anyone aged 18-70 who works at least 20 hours a week can qualify for coverage of up to $100,000.
- Permanent Life Insurance: This can either be whole life or universal life. Some companies that do not offer longer terms will approve policies with permanent coverage.
Find Affordable HIV Life Insurance in Denver
The Hinerman Group has found affordable rates for HIV-positive individuals with great success.
Get in touch with us for help finding the right life insurance policy for you.
The underwriting guidelines look like this:
Self disclosed diagnosis and over age 20
Compliant with antiretroviral therapy (ART) for at least two consecutive years
Followed by an HIV or infectious disease specialist minimally every six months
Undetectable viral load since starting ART, minimally 2 years
CD4 of 500 or more for the past two years and never below 350
Current negative Hep B&C testing and no history of hepatitis
No viral resistance to treatment
No history of IV drug use or other substance abuse
No history of other ratable health issues such as CAD, diabetes, cancer or protein in the urine
No significant psychiatric history
Not underweight or losing weight, normal protein levels
No AIDS defining illness
No smokers (Mortality of HIV+ patients is significantly increased by smoking)
After reviewing the guidelines to the left, call Ed at 866-539-7914, or complete the info request form below to receive a quote or additional information.
More Questions? Check Out Our Blog!
The Hinerman Group knows that every situation is unique and it can be difficult finding the best answers. Be sure to check out our blog where you will find a comprehensive bank of topics covered regarding Life Insurance. The background covered in The Hinerman Group blog will point you in the right direction and help you get your family the coverage you need.
Want to talk? Call Ed directly at (719) 539-7914 for a FREE CONSULTATION. *Ed released the fish and it went on to have a full life.